We have added a new “Safety Check” mode to BallTune: detect if your soccer ball is safe or over-inflated in seconds.
Check with your phone if your soccer ball is safe to play with this new feature (already available on Android and iOS).
Having a soccer ball properly inflated – and not over inflated, will help to reduce the risk of injury from heading the ball.
- With higher ball pressures (more inflated balls), the forces delivered to the head increase.
- Make sure that the ball is inflated to the correct pressure and of a size that is appropriate for the age group.
Did you know?
- A player may head the ball about eight times during a game.
- 12.6% of concussions in soccer arise from heading the ball.
- What is a concussion? A concussion is a traumatic brain injury that alters the way your brain functions.
- Concussion rates more than doubled among students age 8-19 participating in sports like basketball, soccer and football between 1997-2007.
Recent articles on soccer-related concussions